COVID – 19 Update AUGUST 1st, 2020
Hello All –
As we approach the Fall with Football, Volleyball, Cheer and eventually Basketball - many challenges are ahead before we can hold a 'normal' season.
We continue to look at the information available to youth sports programs like ours and hope that COVID -19 safety measures being put into play will allow some sports activity.
P.L.A.Y. asks parents to be sure and work with the children to adhere to the rules given by the State, MDH, local municipalities and programs to be sure and make any experience as safe as possible. The quickest way to loose the ground that we gain it to ignore the rules and think just of yourself. Let's make sure we watch out for everyone's concern.
1. Do not attend a practice or game if feeling ill.
2. Continue to Social Distance at the games.
3. Bring Hand Sanitizer for you and your player.
4. Adhere to the rules of the facility and programs, even if different than those of P.L.A.Y.
5. Avoid congregating for long periods of time (parking lots - before or after practice/games)
6. Wear a Mask, if possible to help not affect those around you.
7. If you or your child has symptoms - get checked - this type of community program depends on you and everyone in order to continue.
8. BE sure to wash and sanitize equipment and clothing after each practice or game.
9. Adapt for this season as new rules for different sports may exist and be grateful for the opportunity to play sports.
10. Enjoy the season and remain positive for the future.
** IF YOU ARE ILL - GET TESTED - IF POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 - ISOLATE!! IF NEGATIVE FOR COVID - PLEASE DO NOT RETURN UNTIL YOU ARE COMPLETELY HEALTHY!
*NOTIFY YOUR COACH AND OR PROGRAM DIRECTOR - SO THEY CAN NOTIFY THE GROUPS OR TEAMS YOU HAVE PARTIICPATED AMONG!
* YOUR TEAM WILL APPREICIATE YOUR HONESTY AND INTEGRITY.
* YOUR HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY GAME!
As we return to the fields please have patience with proper protocol as it is all new to many and to function properly with the coaching and the rules and restrictions.
Since we depend on the city and school facilities we must adhere to their rules and restrictions in order to continue to enjoy youth sports.
The Fall sports noted above have planned to go forward if allowed by the restrictions mandated. Basketball is also planning on a season and that registration we hope to begin by late July. These will be shortened registration periods, so be sure to check back for more information and be sure to go to the page of your sports interest.
As with all sports and activities, there are incidents that will happen even with the best of intentions and precautions. We want to make you aware of these risks while still encouraging participation. It is understood if you and your child do not feel the time to come back to sports is now, we hope to see you in the near future.
Take care and Stay Safe
P.L.A.Y. Executive Board
Search our site to quickly find what you're looking for.
Please go to the Sport website page for details on that sport before registering. To register - click on the Blue Bar Below of your sport. Be aware that registrations can end at any point if it is determined that sport or grade level is full and no more registrations will be available. We encourage early registration to avoid any late fees after a determined time. We have a closing date to assure volunteers can prepare for the season properly.
In-Season Clinics or Off-Season Camps can be found on the individual sports webpage - click on that sport icon (top of page) to see what is available.
UP NEXT :
Sideline CHEER, VOLLEYBALL & FOOTBALL REGISTRATIONS are now closed.
Due to the unknown with COVID-19, we have temporarily delayed our BASKETBALL Registrations. And note the registration window will not be as long as it has been in the past.
There are deadlines for each sport and the level of competition. Be sure to go to the Sports Page of interest and check it out!
It is important that our programs get your feedback - with the program wanting to create more focus on our Sports Culture we want to see if coaches are teaching the positive aspects. Thanks for your attention to this!
Please take a few minutes to let us know what you think.
PLAY Coaching Survey