Coaches should have called or emailed you with information, if you have not heard use the following information. Also be sure to notify your coaches of correct email for you.
* Click on the In-House Boys or Girls on left side column of this page
* Next page, click on Left side click on the grade of choice
* Then on the next page left side you will see the Team # - listed there are all the players of that Team number at that Grade.
* Once you have that you can look at the Schedule Document below and find out when/where your child plays.
The scheduling was changed around recently once we got information from the school on school activities that take priority. We hope to have a schedule for December up soon and then just prior to break - we hope to get our schedule cleared by the school for the remainder of the season. It doesn't always work out smooth though - so watch for emails from coaches on last minute changes.
We do try to have completed as soon as possible.
*CANCELLED PRACTICES' - If the school is closed for the day - our practices will also be cancelled for that day/evening.
If there is a dismissal during the day - watch the website or email for a cancellation notice from P.L.A.Y. - there may be practices still on these days/evenings.
On Saturdays when there is no school we will try to make some announcement as soon as we can in the morning once we hear from the schools.
Thanks for your understanding of these procedures.
Both Clint McCullough and, myself Gloriann Peot, are looking forward to another year of Basketball as directors.
PLAY is a volunteer organization and the more help PLAY gets the better the overall program will become. We are looking for Girls Grade Level Coordinators this year and as always, coaches, asst coaches, and team parents. If you can help, please let Clint or Gloriann know you are available.
Frequently Asked Questions:
On the Right Hand side of this page is a FAQ answers that should help answer many of your questions. If not, click on ‘Board’ and Email the coordinator for your Grade Group!! – Thanks
Each year the number of participants grows, which requires even a greater need for voluntary directors, board members, coaches, and assistant coaches. Last year we had nearly 700 boys and girls in our In-House program so the need for volunteers is great. You do not need extensive experience to be a coach, just understand the basics of the game and know how to have fun with the kids. That's what it is all about, learning and having fun. (Any parent can qualify for a coach.) Please indicate your willingness to volunteer at registration time.
I would like to introduce the volunteers that make up our In-House Basketball Board.
To to contact a board member - click on'Board' on the left side of the screen and once you open the Board link - you will be able to click on the appropriate Board member to make contact. **
* 7th & 8th Grade Intramural (In-House) Program will be ran through the Traveling Program - for information on this program see the information below, right side.
We will have a great need again this year for coaches and team parents so please consider volunteering your time. You can register to coach on the Registration Software as well.
To complete a Background check – simply go to ‘Forms’ on the website and go to Background checks – this can now be done on-line as well. There is no cost to this and it just takes a few minutes. To become involved in the Basketball Program ask a Board member what you want, can or need to do to help!!
Important dates for the program can be found by clicking on the Season Calendar link, from the P.L.A.Y. Basketball Home page. The following are key dates to be aware of:
The main goal of this program is to provide a means of teaching players of Kindergarten through 6th grade, the skills of playing the sport of basketball. With a progressive series of skills that advances with each grade, we will develop a program to challenge the players but stay within attainable skill sets. This may mean stretching their skills at time, but that is how they will get better. Parental support for all players (both teams) is critical at this time as they work to improve. During these games and practices we want to create a fair and organized approach to securing players, coaches and volunteers, which will demonstrate the following principles:
Please direct specific questions to grade level and sports directors whose contact information can be found on the individual sports board links which can be found by clicking ‘In-House or Traveling’ on the left side of this screen and then click on ‘Board’ also which will appear on the left side of the screen.
Enjoy the season and GO LAKERS!
For those that want to become a In House basketball referee. Register by November 20th!
We expect that you will work to become the best that you can at this challenging position.
Parents, Coaches and Players alike must respect the Officials that are learning the game - just as the players on the court are learning the game. Not any one game is to be more important than the Effort given by everyone in the game.
Coaches should Coach - not Ref
Parents should cheer - not Coach or Ref
Players should Play - learn life lessons and emotional control
When are practices and games?
K-2nd - Meet only on Saturdays (practices & games) Starting Dec. 8th - Teams will be notified by their coach by Dec. 3rd.
3rd-6th grade :
* Practice times are 2x a week and the night will vary due to a shortage of gyms for the size of the program, in particular at the younger grades. Dates rotate by week and practices ore typically Mon/Thurs and Tues/Fri. However, due to number of teams, there are some weeks where day of the week will vary. There will be no Wednesday dates.
* Times on weeknights will be either 6:30-7:45 or 7:45-9pm. Satrudays will be about 1 hour and will start at 8am and go through morning as needed, based on # of teams.
* Teams will be determined by Nov. 27th - Coaches will call by Nov. 30 or check website.
* In-house plays one game on Saturdays against other Prior Lake Teams. The games start in December 8th and run through the end of February with a one day tournament with 2-4 games on Saturday February 23rd.
*The fees are based on grade and In-House. The fee schedule is as follows:
- K-2: $87
- 3-4: $122
- 5-6: $142
* In-house teams for grades K-4 are picked randomly.
Grades 5-6th will have a Evaluation scrimmage/draft to select their teams.
* Playing time guidelines are as follows. Percentages are minimums per game for in-house:
* 50% playing time at all grade levels (unless as noted below) * This is a guideline set by the Basketball Board. Reasons for discrepancies in playing time may include but are not limited to: unexcused absence from practice and tournaments, Code of Conduct violations, poor attitude, lack of effort, disrespect towards coaches, teammates or opponents, consistently late for games and practice.
* In-house: a jersey top will be provided, each player should have their own shorts and proper gym shoes. No marking black soled shoes should be allowed.
* Basketball is required to provide hall monitors at all school practices and games. This saves PLAY Basketball a lot of money which in turn allows us to keep our fees down and keep our equipment up to date. We also use an all parent volunteer staff for both our In-House and traveling tournaments. ALL parents will be required to be a hall monitor when their child’s team is practicing. Unfortunately in the past, volunteer spots were often not filled so the volunteer deposit was implemented. A detailed explanation is on a separate link on the PLAY website. In-House Deposit is $100.
* If you are interested in coaching, first, thank you for volunteering. We need you to complete a coaches application and background check form found on the web site. Also, please email your grade coordinator or traveling coordinator about your desire to coach and if you have a co-coach. This is the best way to ensure we know of your intentions to coach your child. All Coaches must adhere to the Code of Conduct throughout P.L.A.Y. sports to be considered for a coaching position.
* If you have further questions about what team your child is on - or about the schedule - please contact the Coordinator of your grade group. You can contact them by email, by going to 'Board' on the upper left hand side and then finding the proper person for your grade. thanks
** Due to the time of the day and shortage of courts during the evenings - if we have too few sign up we will not be able to offer this program. We will try to make a decision by early October for Girls and Boys.
This program is a Intramural program that allows players to participate right after school on Mondays and most Tues & Thurs. when gym space is available - The first two practices players will be given direction on basic basketball fundamentals. Coaches/Monitors will then attempt to divide teams equally and then form a schedule.
Players are asked to be dressed, be in Gym A at Hidden Oaks and ready for play by 2:30.
Practices will be from 2:30-3:45. When games begin we will try to get two games a day in.
This program will start on Thursday, Jan. 3rd.- tenatively scheduled to end Feb.17th. if dates are changed due to school activities, we may need to adjust schedule. So be aware of emails sent to announce changes.