|Boys Basketball||Girls Basketball|
|Kindergarten||Team #3||K- 1st Grade Girls||Team #3|
|Kelly Schroeder||Head Coach||Craig Larscheid||Coach|
|Nick Worm||Assistant Coach||Brian Parker||Coach|
|1st grade Boys||Team #8||Sarah Lehnert||Coach|
|Erin Lind||Head Coach||2nd Grade Girls||Team #2|
|William Faulk||Assistant Coach||Todd Fisher||Coach|
|2nd Grade boys||Team #7||Trevor Knutson||Coach|
|Aaron Armour||Head Coach||Don Horkey||Coach|
|Nathan Brening||Assistant Coach||3rd / 4th Grade Girls||Team #6|
|3rd grade boys||Team #3||Aaron Schroeder||Head Coach|
|Howie Clausen||Assistant||Erin Duncan||Asst Coach|
|Kelly||Team Parent||5th Grade Girls||Team #2|
|4th grade boys||Team #8||Sean Miller||Coach|
|5th Grade Boys||Team #4|
|Terry Thomas||Head Coach|
|Amy Cole||Asst Coach|
|6th Grade Boys||Team #10|
|Dave Renodin||Head Coach|
|Chris West||Asst Coach|
PLAY would like to introduce our In-House Coordinators. Clint McCollough will be head of boys in-house again this year, and Sarah Bowman will be taking over the girls in-house position. Both Clint and Sarah have children participating in the PLAY basketball program, at the in-house and travelling levels. They have also volunteered for many years as grade level coordinators and/or coaches in the program.
PLAY is a volunteer organization and the more volunteers PLAY has the better the overall program will become. We are looking for head coaches, assistant coaches, and team parents. Please fill out a coaching application, if you would like to coach this year and make sure PLAY has a current background check on file.
Frequently Asked Questions:
On the Right Hand side of this page is a FAQ answers that should help answer many of your questions. If not, click on ‘Board’ and Email the coordinator for your Grade Group!! – Thanks
Each year the number of participants grows, which requires even a greater need for voluntary directors, board members, coaches, and assistant coaches. Last year we had nearly 700 boys and girls in our In-House program so the need for volunteers is great. You do not need extensive experience to be a coach, just understand the basics of the game and know how to have fun with the kids. That's what it is all about, learning and having fun. (Any parent can qualify for a coach.) Please indicate your willingness to volunteer at registration time.
I would like to introduce the volunteers that make up our In-House Basketball Board for the 2015-2016 season.
To contact a board member, click on 'Board' on the left side of the screen. Once you open the 'Board' link, you will be able to click on the appropriate Board member to contact them.
* 7th & 8th Grade Intramural (In-House) Program will be ran through the Traveling Program - for information on this program see below on the right side. This program begins in January.
We will have a great need again this year for coaches and team parents so please consider volunteering your time. You can register to coach on the Registration Software as well.
To complete a Background check – simply go to ‘Forms’ on the website and go to Background checks – this can now be done on-line as well. There is no cost to this and it just takes a few minutes. To become involved in the Basketball Program ask a Board member what you want, can or need to do to help!!
Important dates for the program can be found by clicking on the Season Calendar link, from the P.L.A.Y. Basketball Home page. The following are key dates to be aware of:
The main goal of this program is to provide a means of teaching players of Kindergarten through 6th grade, the skills of playing the sport of basketball. With a progressive series of skills that advances with each grade, we will develop a program to challenge the players but stay within attainable skill sets. This may mean stretching their skills at time, but that is how they will get better. Parental support for all players (both teams) is critical at this time as they work to improve. During these games and practices we want to create a fair and organized approach to securing players, coaches and volunteers, which will demonstrate the following principles:
Please direct specific questions to grade level and sports directors whose contact information can be found on the individual sports board links which can be found by clicking ‘In-House or Traveling’ on the left side of this screen and then click on ‘Board’ also which will appear on the left side of the screen.
Enjoy the season and GO LAKERS!
Please use the appropriate form below for entering your information:
* Coaches URL (Coaches use this site to enter information):
o Coach = https://coach.questionpro.com
· Officials URLs (Officials use this site to enter):
o Official = https://official.questionpro.
Be sure to completely fill out your survey to get proper credit for the information.
Coaches that do not reply - may not be considered for coaching positons in the future. Officials must reply in order to be paid for their games. Thank you for your support of the Team Sportsmanship award program.
Click on the left side of this page - Click on either
* IN House Boys
* IN House Girls
Then click on the right grade on the page that opens - there you should find your childs name if you registered. Make note of your childs Team Number.
To find the schedule - do the same on the left side and then open up the document and look at the Grade color & Gym Key to find your teams number.
When are practices and games?
K-2nd - Meet only on Saturdays (practices & games) Starting Dec. 6th - Teams will be notified by their coach by Dec. 1st.
3rd-6th grade :
* Practice times are 2x a week and the night will vary due to a shortage of gyms for the size of the program, in particular at the younger grades. Dates rotate by week and practices ore typically Mon/Thurs and Tues/Fri. However, due to number of teams, there are some weeks where day of the week will vary. There will be no Wednesday dates.
* Times on weeknights will be either 6:30-7:45 or 7:45-9pm. Satrudays will be about 1 hour and will start at 8am and go through morning as needed, based on # of teams.
* Teams will be determined by Nov. 27th - Coaches will notify team by Nov. 30 or check website.
* In-house plays one game on Saturdays against other Prior Lake Teams. The games start in December 6th and run through the end of February with a one day tournament with 2-4 games on Saturday, February 21st.
*The fees are based on grade and In-House. The fee schedule is as follows:
- K-2: $87
- 3-4: $122
- 5-6: $142
* In-house teams for grades K-4 are picked randomly.
Grades 5-6th will have a Evaluation scrimmage/draft to select their teams.
* Playing time guidelines are as follows. Percentages are minimums per game for in-house:
* 50% playing time at all grade levels (unless as noted below) * This is a guideline set by the Basketball Board. Reasons for discrepancies in playing time may include but are not limited to: unexcused absence from practice and tournaments, Code of Conduct violations, poor attitude, lack of effort, disrespect towards coaches, teammates or opponents, consistently late for games and practice.
* In-house: a jersey top will be provided, each player should have their own shorts and proper gym shoes. No marking black soled shoes should be allowed.
* Basketball is required to provide hall monitors at all school practices and games. This saves PLAY Basketball a lot of money which in turn allows us to keep our fees down and keep our equipment up to date. We also use an all parent volunteer staff for both our In-House and traveling tournaments. ALL parents will be required to be a hall monitor when their child’s team is practicing. Unfortunately in the past, volunteer spots were often not filled so the volunteer deposit was implemented. A detailed explanation is on a separate link on the PLAY website. In-House Deposit is $100.
* If you are interested in coaching, first, thank you for volunteering. We need you to complete a coaches application and background check form found on the web site. Also, please email your grade coordinator or traveling coordinator about your desire to coach and if you have a co-coach. This is the best way to ensure we know of your intentions to coach your child. All Coaches must adhere to the Code of Conduct throughout P.L.A.Y. sports to be considered for a coaching position.
* If you have further questions about what team your child is on - or about the schedule - please contact the Coordinator of your grade group. You can contact them by email, by going to 'Board' on the upper left hand side and then finding the proper person for your grade. thanks
Thanks to the 23 young men and women that are looking forward to learn the Officials role in a game.
These are students at PLHS between 9th - 12th grade. We have a majority that are coming back for their 2nd or 3rd year. There are also a number just getting started. This position offers them an opportunity to grow as a Leader and develop Confidence in their abilities.
Not eveyone is capable of getting on the floor and giving Offiiciating a go - as it can be challenging for a 14-18 yr old to come out do this job. They may have a bad day or a few bad calls (in your eyes) but there has never been a PERFECT Player, Coach, Fan or Official - so let it go.
The Officials do get paid a small amount - but when compared to those that officiating Traveling games we are saving about 60% over those cost and again, giving students from our community an opprotunity. If we had outside officials - there would likely be a substantial rise in the cost and in truth the officiating may only be marginally better but not necesarily across the board..
Your support of these Officails is required, no matter what their call, only 50% of the gym will usually agree with them - so it is not easy for a young man or woman to accept. Thanks to all that are challenging themselves to be officials.
The P.L.A.Y. Officials program (Baseball and Baketball) is in it's 7th year and we have had at least 4 young people go on to pursue it at the High School Varsity Level since.
Honor the Game - Respect Officials
Coaches should Coach - not Ref
Parents should cheer - not Coach or Ref
Players should Play - learn life lessons and emotional control
** Due to the time of the day and shortage of courts during the evenings - if we have too few sign up we will not be able to offer this program.
WE ARE PLANNING TO OPEN THIS REGSITRATION IN MID- November and closing in late Dec. (if numbers look good - need at minimum 32)
This program is a Intramural program that allows players to participate right after school on Mondays and most Tues & Thurs. when gym space is available - The first two practices players will be given direction on basic basketball fundamentals. Coaches/Monitors will then attempt to divide teams equally and then form a schedule.
Players are asked to be dressed, be in Gym A at Hidden Oaks and ready for play by 2:30.
Practices will be from 2:30-3:45. When games begin we will try to get two games a day in.
This program will start on Thursday, Jan. 15th.- tenatively scheduled to end Feb.28th,. if dates are changed due to school activities, we may need to adjust schedule. So be aware of emails sent to announce changes.