P.L.A.Y. Basketball Shot Club
What: Shot Club - Shoot and MAKE a certain number of shots between May 1 – September 30, 2015. The shot club is a shooting program that is designed to get boys and girls in the basketball program to become better shooters while we provide incentives.
Eligibility: All ages between kindergarten and 8th grade, boy or girl. Amount of shots will vary by age.
How: Count the shots you make every time you shoot. The shot goals for the number of shots made for each age group are as follows (grade is determined by their grade for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year):
- K – 2nd grade: 4,000 shots
- 3rd – 5th grade: 7,000 shots
- 6th – 8th grade: 8,000 shots
- All grades: if 10,000 shots are made, you receive the reward noted below plus a special prize
- Special Note: Each shooter must complete at least 15% of their overall summer total each month in May, June, July, August, and September. We want to see them practice consistently.
Reward: Shot club T-shirt, recognition at a Prior Lake Varsity Basketball game and display of name and picture on the P.L.A.Y. website
Instructions: Follow these simple instructions:
- Shoot, shoot, and shoot some more – with GOOD shooting form. Shooting all layups does not count. Vary your shots for game type situations and shoot a lot of free throws. At least 15% of your made shots should be free throws.
- Work on it all...
Right hand layups
Left hand layups
Right and left block and progressing to farther away
Baseline each side
Right and left elbow
Jump shots off the dribble
Jump shots off the pass
Post moves starting with back to basket- drop steps, up and under, etc...
- Count how many shots you make
- Complete the shooting club form to easily track your shots made – including signature by a parent
Kids – this can be a great goal for your summer and keep you working on your basketball skills. Incorporate all your skill work into your different shooting routines.
Parents – this is a great way to get involved with your kids’ basketball skill development. Get out there and shoot with them to really make it fun!
Thank you for participating in the 5th Annual P.L.A.Y. Basketball Shot Club. We received a lot of great feedback from those that participated last year and are looking forward to more participation this year. Go Lakers!